When he finally let me get him out of the tub he went on to watch Toy Story 2 almost three times! I told him I was tired and going to bed... he didn't like that, but I didn't care. I needed rest. Besides, I had watched it with him the first time, and started it for him the second time. He looked like he was going to pass out, I can't believe he stayed up! I think he may have been in and out for a while. He eventually had enough at about 1am. That's when he came in whimpering and barely holding his body up. I told him: "Sky, it's time to lay down and go to sleep. You're going to be very tired in the morning." I was right.
To my delight he woke up in a happy mood: no crying, and he cooperated while I dressed him for daycare. The icing on the cake this morning happened when we got to daycare. We had just walked inside and his friend Laura walked in with her mom and brother. She was in a hurry to get back to the classroom and apparently so was Skylar. I watched as he ran off with her, opened the gate, let her walk in, then walked in himself and shut the gate! I said quietly to myself, "okay, see you after school... I love you." He did glance back once, but didn't seemed too concerened. I'm glad he knows that I will be back later to hug him and ask how his day was. I on the other hand thought about how my little man is growing up, it just goes so quick!!!
He opened the gate for her?! Too cute!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big our babies are getting.