I spent 90% of my lunch break applying for a job at Hawaii Medical Center West, and about 98% of my evening emailing resumes and applying at other facilities. In all honesty it's not looking so good. Not as far as experience and being qualified is concerned, I'm talking about job openings... I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that within the next month more positions will open. I have seen several positions for medical records and patient relations, I'm wondering if I would have a chance at getting a position like that if I can't find a mammo or ct position. I'm going to ask a friend of mine who works GS now and see what he thinks. So here's to finding a job!!!! Is it weird that this is my first time actually searching for a job using my degree? I got hired pretty much before I graduated from xray school from the facility I was doing my fourth rotation at.
Everyday that passes I think more and more how I'm leaving more than just my biological family in Arizona, it's all my friends, coworkers, mentors... it's weird. I guess it's just military wifehood catching up to me. I've been lucky so far, let the real stuff begin, I think I can make it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Something will open up eventually. And if not, you can just spend all your time working out and tanning on the beach! That's my plan if we ever get to Hawaii =) But seriously, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Is there nothing available on the on-post hospital?
ReplyDeleteMoving is hard. The good news is that you're moving to where Skylar still has grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins so the transition will be easier on him.
Very true Rachel, I think he will definately handle the move better than I will. Regan's going home so he won't have any problems. There aren't any openings at Tripler, Schofield, or Shafter but there is an opening at Hickam AFB. I can't for the life of me figure out how to apply to it. I gave up last night. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for crossing your fingers!!! I know you did it pregnant and mostly without your hubby, so I have no room to complain ;) I will take note of your strength and hopefully be able to channel it in our move. I miss you by the way :(
ReplyDelete