April 18, 2010

suds in the bucket

Today I decided my house needed a thorough cleaning...

I started in the living room, and truth be told I didn't get much further. I took down the curtains and washed, dried, and re-hung them. Skylar and I moved the DVD shelf, cleaned under the coaches moved his eisle... and loads of other things. Another thing I did was go through our clothes, mine and Skylar's anyway... I put some away for storage, should the likely thing happen and we have another boy when the time comes. The others went for donation, some to the salvation army and some to Skylar's daycare. I've been through the bathrooms pretty well, I'm going to get rid of some things from under the sinks, and I've got to scrub the floors. I've already been through the pantry and the cabinets in the kitchen. The floors in the kitchen and dining room do need a thorough scrubbing and I plan on doing that either some night this week or this upcoming weekend. I've been through Regan and I's closet... got rid of some old shoes, and more clothes. I need to go through a couple baskets of who knows what in our room... some paperwork, more clothes, and old photos. Sometime in the near future I will be going through the linen closet and putting the scrubby towels aside for the big cleaning we'll be doing before my mom moves in to our house. I'm going to throw out the blankets and sheets that are in bad shape, donate the ones that are in decent shape, of course some will go with us to Hawaii. The biggest project facing me this week is going to be sorting Skylar's toys. I'm planning on donating several. I actually need to ask childtime if they could use any of them... the rest I will take to the salvation army. I was thinking of having a yard sale but I just don't want to invest too much time into that and not be happy with the return. Man! I had almost forgot that I need to get the remaining bits of wallpaper border down in Skylar's room and paint the walls in there. I'm thinking white unless my mom wants a different color. She's not sure what she's going to use that room for yet... so we'll see.

So that's what I've been up to today: cleaning, and making plans for more cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment